Sunday, November 22, 2009

Three Cheers for Herbal Teas: Time to Cleanse!


Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse” kept ringing around in my head, as I dozed on a flight from Chicago to Oakland. My body was fighting back. Months of traveling, little sleep, and over indulgence of food and drink had finally taken its toll. Okay, I give in. The Isagenix 9 day cleanse had my number, and there was no way getting around it. My body was taxed to the max. What to do with my first nine days home in a row since summer? Bring on a cleanse: no alcohol(shock), no caffeine(horror), and limited food(it's about time!).

Why cleanse?
• Your body stores toxic waste that is absorbed through your skin via eating, drinking, and the surrounding air. Scary.
• Toxic waste is stored in FAT. Double scary.
• You will experience more energy, feel better, lose fat & inches. Hooray!
• It will help prevent disease, illness, and future ailments. Double hooray!

Today, is day seven. Yes, I am proud that I have made it this far, and am confident that I will stay strong to the final day. Not sure, if the Isagenix crew would agree with my timing; I will come off the cleanse straight into Thanksgiving. But, that’s how I roll.

How am I doing?
I feel alive! Am I starving? Yes and no. Am I am working out? Yes, but limited. Remember food is fuel, which became very clear to me as I was unable to perform my normal routine at Boot Camp. Will I cut out certain foods after the cleanse? Some. I feel as though I have re-set my body chemistry, and will watch what and how much I consume moving forward. What’s the first wine that I will drink? The closest. What tea will I drink? Organic Golden Monkey. Will I try cleansing again? Absolutely, but maybe not until the Spring! Hey, I have to build up toxins, right?

Cleansing is an ancient health practice to remove impurities from your body. Give it a try, but tread lightly. You will dream about turkey subs(of course, organic), and conducting 3:30am business meetings in Las Vegas (because you are superwoman), and by the end of the week you will sleep as if you were in a coma. Pure unadulterated sleep. And a forewarning to your loved ones ...beware. You will snap at them, but are far wittier. You will cherish the 600 calorie meal during the shake days, as if it were you were your last meal on earth. This is where drama enters the picture. Your loved one will count the days until 'wine time'. But, in the end you will have more clarity, and feel great.

Tips for Isagenix Cleansing:
• No alcohol, caffeine, sugar, or flour
• Drink herbal teas: Drink the Leaf Rooibos, Chamomile, and Peppermint, for example.
• Drink lots of water (80-100oz) daily, and take the vitamins offered.
• Move your body, 30 minutes each day.
• Stay positive, it’s only nine days!

Happy Thanksgiving! At Drink the Leaf, we have much to be thankful for this season. We appreciate your support, and encouragement. All the best to you and yours...

**consult your doctor before cleansing or starting a new workout regime

No comments: