Sunday, June 6, 2010

Have Tea, Will Travel


“Sundays be gone”. I banish you from my life. In taking a look at my schedule for the next month or so, I realized that I will be out of town every weekend until mid-July. Now, this really mucks up my Sunday blogging schedule, and not to mention my 4pm Hendricks Gin-n-tonic down time. I enjoy getting up early on Sunday mornings, bellowing “caffeine” at the top of my lungs, as the Tea Drinker happily brings me a steaming cup of Hong Tao Mao Feng or the like. Then, I jump right into to rapidly typing away on my laptop. Ah, the good life.

What is on my calendar that brings me away from home on summer weekends for the next 30 days or so? Inquiring minds want to know. The World Tea Expo in Vegas, Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, CO, and a two week Japan cultural and tea buying trip, including visits to Tokyo, Shizuoka, Kyoto, Uji, and Hiroshima. Well, as you can see, it’s a very tea focused month. Okay, maybe not the Aspen part, but a Wife of Tea Drinker needs to get out once in a while, and have some fun.


I look forward to bringing exciting stories to you from each of these diverse cities in the upcoming weeks. Guaranteed there will be many memorable meals consumed, loose leaf tea and wine libations slurped down in copious amounts, loads of educational moments, and plenty of Advil, on hand. But, this Sunday, I don’t have time to share stories. I am off to work for a day of “cooking and wine-ing”. I recommend that you start each day with loose leaf tea. It will take you to faraway places in mind, body, and spirit (airfare, not included).

No comments: