Sunday, February 22, 2009

Guest Blogger: Dan, husband of Wife of a Tea Drinker

It’s been one long steep- as we approach Drink the Leaf’s 2nd Anniversary tomorrow, Monday, Feb 23rd. It’s hard to believe that another year has gone by... As I think back on the year, I have really enjoyed listening to feedback from my customers. There is a definitely a buzz about tea, loose leaf in particular.

A question that I am frequently asked by tea enthusiasts, friends, and family is “What is your favorite tea?” There is no definitive answer. As a tea drinker, I have a progression that I look forward to throughout the day. I usually begin each morning with black tea, such as a Keemun or House Ceylon, mostly because my wife bellows, “TEA”, as soon as her eyes pop open! However, by mid afternoon, I am craving an Oolong or Green tea. And, if I need a little pick me up, Peppermint seems to do the job. I am fortunate that caffeinated tea has never interrupted my sleeping habits, so a nice Pu-erh is a great way to cap off the evening, especially after a satisfying meal. For me, there are no set rules when enjoying a cup of tea, except for requiring that it’s loose leaf and fresh.
There is certainly nothing wrong with drinking one variety of tea, but for me, I enjoy the adventure. Same true with wine. I like a variety. But, that’s another post. I look forward to continuing to bring you high quality, loose leaf teas, and if you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out for me at danritz@drinktheleaf.com.

- Dan, Tea Drinker, Founder of Drink the Leaf teas

No comments: