Sunday, February 15, 2009

Parents Of A Tea Drinker

Mops & Pops, that’s Sandy & Jim, to the rest of the world. My in-laws are visiting for the holiday weekend. After flying across the country and finally making it to our home in Napa Valley, they graciously turned around and headed back out with the Tea Drinker to rescue me at SFO airport. I had been on the road for the last nine days, with endless delays. I was eager to get home. My husband and his parents welcomed me with a nice hot, fully loaded latte. Yes, my husband broke down and brought me a coffee. I have a photo to prove it.

Mops & Pops love projects, and start each day inquiring about what needs to be done. Dan & I made a list of things for them to tackle. Heck, if something breaks in the house or a light bulb goes out, we actually wait until their next visit to fix it. No kidding.


We accomplished the following this weekend:
  • Tackled a deep cleaning of the stove. Remember the Chinese New Year party?!
  • Yard work
  • Grocery shopping, laundry, and house cleaning
  • More yard work
  • Harvesting our Meyer lemon tree
  • And even more yard work
  • Preparing a tasty Valentine’s Day meal together- one of my favorites :Lemony Moroccan Chicken . Inspired by our bounty from the lemon tree. Note: I used store bought Far East couscous, and added tangy feta cheese.
  • Sitting through endless tastings of drinking loose leaf teas and wine
  • And a visit would not be complete without the customary trip to Home Depot

Of course, I supervised all of these projects, and was impressed with their stamina. Little do they know, I am pondering about adding cleaning the litter box to the list? Yes, I know, this maybe pushing it. In all sincerity, my in-laws are wonderful, very supportive, and raised an amazing person, my husband, Dan.

And before you inquire...yes, we would consider renting out Mops & Pops. They are that good! Check out http://www.drinkthleaf.com/ for more details.

2 comments:

gram said...

What a delight to visit your blog and see our wonderful friends, Sandy and Jim (Mops and Pops.) We are so happy to hear that you had a great visit. After hearing of all of their accomplishments, we are immediately sending our an invitation for them to visit us. We love reading your web.site and your blog. and we also love drinking your tea.
Love from Ron and Jerry in Buffalo.

Tree said...

Hello Ron & Jerry,Thanks for your support!