Mops & Pops love projects, and start each day inquiring about what needs to be done. Dan & I made a list of things for them to tackle. Heck, if something breaks in the house or a light bulb goes out, we actually wait until their next visit to fix it. No kidding.
We accomplished the following this weekend:
- Tackled a deep cleaning of the stove. Remember the Chinese New Year party?!
- Yard work
- Grocery shopping, laundry, and house cleaning
- More yard work
- Harvesting our Meyer lemon tree
- And even more yard work
- Preparing a tasty Valentine’s Day meal together- one of my favorites :Lemony Moroccan Chicken . Inspired by our bounty from the lemon tree. Note: I used store bought Far East couscous, and added tangy feta cheese.
- Sitting through endless tastings of drinking loose leaf teas and wine
- And a visit would not be complete without the customary trip to Home Depot
Of course, I supervised all of these projects, and was impressed with their stamina. Little do they know, I am pondering about adding cleaning the litter box to the list? Yes, I know, this maybe pushing it. In all sincerity, my in-laws are wonderful, very supportive, and raised an amazing person, my husband, Dan.
And before you inquire...yes, we would consider renting out Mops & Pops. They are that good! Check out http://www.drinkthleaf.com/ for more details.